Prison Break Season 3 Episode 9 - 14 January 2008

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Robert Wisdom Talks To CraveOnline

New member of the cast Robert Wisdom recently sat down and chatted to CraveOnline about being the ever so dominant Lechero aka Norman St. John on Prison Break. Read the interview below:

Crave Online: How has it been joining the cast of Prison Break?

Robert Wisdom: It's a tremendous cast, a great ensemble and the storytelling is really captivating. It's caught on all over the world, I mean all over the world. I'm just really thrilled to be part of it. I love my character. We're having a great time.

Crave Online: How did you come into the show?

Robert Wisdom: I did the audition and had a good one. They saw what they needed to see in my take on the character, so they put their money on me.

Crave Online: And what a character.

Robert Wisdom: Yeah, it's a great character. I think it's beyond what I even imagined in the beginning. I'm real proud to be getting a chance to play it, especially at this particular time for myself and for the show.

Crave Online: It has to be memorable to come in on year three, right?

Robert Wisdom: I try not to look at it that way. That puts a little too much pressure on the game but I just try to do the best I'm able to do. I think my work at this point, I'm real happy with how I've grown so it's a good chance to work.

Crave Online: Will we be learning more about him?

Robert Wisdom: Oh yeah. I mean, we're just at the tip of the ice berg. You haven't even seen it yet. There's a lot that's going to happen in Lechero's story.

Crave Online: How long has he been inside?

Robert Wisdom: Well, he's only been in about a year but he's in for five consecutive lifetimes so he's going to be there for a little while.

Crave Online: He's set up after only a year? Did he work up through cleaning the toilets?

Robert Wisdom: Oh, no, no, no. This guy was a big drug kingpin on the outside so he came in with power and he just knew how to establish power. This isn't a hierarchical thing. This is mano a mano and you just take it.

Crave Online: How did he get such a swank setup in prison?

Robert Wisdom: Because he holds a lot of keys to a lot of closets where skeletons are. He knows where everything is and he is the strong guy who can do that. Every prison needed one. The military needed somebody who could do that so they empowered him, so he's working hand in glove with the colonels. So he gets what he wants.

Crave Online: Does he want out with that setup when the prison break happens?

Robert Wisdom: I have no idea.

Crave Online: I would imagine not.

Robert Wisdom: Well, every dog has its day. That's all I can say.

Crave Online: Is it cool that you're new guy and you boss the hero around?

Robert Wisdom: Of course. Of course. Make him work. Without him, he can't grow. So I'm glad to be there.

Crave Online: Is there any sense that the guys are veterans or is everyone starting new?

Robert Wisdom: Everyone knows their characters. They have a real handle on the history of those characters. The writers, they have a real close connection with the writers. The writers have each others' ear so they're sharing, so they're on a journey. The writers and the producers maintain the coherence. All we have to do is show up and do our thing and everyone there is super pro, so there's never any ostracism. There's never anybody who feels like the first day of high school, "Where do I sit in the cafeteria?"


Thanks to PBreak.org

Digg this

0 comments: