Prison Break Season 3 Episode 9 - 14 January 2008

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jodi Lyn O'Keefe On Her Role

Crave Online: How do you eat healthy with these buffet spreads? Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I eat very clean, healthy food at all times because I'm very focused about keeping myself in shape.

Crave Online: I eat healthy stuff but I eat too much of it.

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: What kind of healthy foods?

Crave Online: Fish, veggies, hummus. But I'll dip vegetables into a whole tub of hummus.

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: You can eat pretty much those foods as much as you want as long as you eat them on their own. There's a book called The Raw Food Detox Diet. I'm not necessarily on the Raw Food Detox Diet but I find a lot from that book about separating foods and your body digesting foods differently, so just keeping out two different food groups. Like vegetables can go everywhere but adding some uncooked things into your diet is very helpful.

Crave Online: That's interesting. The Abs Diet was all about combinations of food.

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Everybody's got a different way to go. Just don't eat lots of chocolate cake and you'll be fine.

Crave Online: So you're a bad guy, right? There's no possible ambiguity here?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: You can't really skirt around it. I'm the new bad guy. I have big shoes to fill.

Crave Online: Susan B. Anthony's not her real name, right?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Oh, absolutely not. She just makes it up as she goes along. I'm sure she won't be Susan B. Anthony for long. In fact, I've already been given a new name and I can't tell you because it hasn't aired yet.

Crave Online: Will it change each week, like an ongoing gag?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I think whenever she feels for it, whenever anyone asks who she is, she may just give a new name.

Crave Online: Does your name change on the scripts, so you have to highlight a different logline each week?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: No, they kept it really consistent. It's Susan B in all my scripts, so I know what to highlight now. Thankfully too, because I wouldn't be able to keep up otherwise.

Crave Online: Have you ever picked up a guy like in your first scene with Dominic Purcell at the bar?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: At a bar? No. I'm a little bit more shy than that. It takes me a minute. I've certainly talked to people out at bars but I don't think I've ever quite been like, "Hey, sit down, have a drink." I get to do all the things I wouldn't do in my real life on television.

Crave Online: Should a guy be worried that any nice girl picking up on him is actually part of an evil conspiracy?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Wow, that's an interesting question. No, I think that's absurd. From the bottom of my heart. I don't think there are beautiful women out there trying to lure men into any kind of conspiracy. I think people are out there just trying to meet someone new and interesting and live in the real world.

Crave Online: I hope so. I just think if it seems too good to be true…

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: You think if it sounds too good to be true, then it is? I don't know, I wasn't taught that. I was taught to live in the moment so I hope you're wrong.

Crave Online: How does it feel to be the only girl on the show right now?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Well, there's Danay Garcia as well. She's playing Sofia.

Crave Online: Are you going to interact with her?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I do. Later on I do. It feels good. It's interesting. It's definitely a sort of male position. I'm a woman doing a man's job. That's pretty much how I got the job. I read sides that were written for a man in order to get the job. Everything takes a little bit of chutzpah to do it.

Crave Online: That's kind of like a Sigourney Weaver story. Were you aware of that history?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I was not. I did not know that but thank you for telling me.

Crave Online: Ripley was written to be a male in the original Alien.

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Well, I'll tell you, it was a challenge but it's been fun. It's been incredible.

Crave Online: Did the part change when you were cast?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: No, they had a very clear idea of what they wanted and they wanted to see what I could do.

Crave Online: So far we've seen you orchestrating things. Will you be running around in action?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: There's lots of action. I am very hands on doing my own work, all my own stunt work. So they're pleased as punch. I can take a hit.

Crave Online: So you've done fight scenes?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I have. I've used guns and I have some fight scenes. I'm ready for it all. I somehow end up doing that a lot. I've always done that so I'm very comfortable.

Crave Online: How about doing it on TV? Is that different than similar scenes in movies?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: No, it's just as difficult.

Crave Online: Yeah, I meant isn't it harder, going so fast?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: We work at a pretty fair clip. We get things going pretty quickly but they seem to give me enough time to get everything done. They're really considerate of my work and me as a person, that I'm not just a product there. I really couldn't ask for any better.


Crave Online: What's the craziest thing you've gotten to do so far?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I had a really good car crash.

Crave Online: They let you get in the car?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: No, come on. You can't put me in a car doing a car crash. That's terrible. What if something went wrong? I'm pretty sure it was a dummy. It wasn't even an actual live person.

Crave Online: Is Dominic with you in those action scenes?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Dominic and I are working together quite a bit.

Crave Online: He's a big fan of action scenes, right?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: He certainly is. I got to see that firsthand when we were doing a big action sequence together. He loves it. He loves it probably as much as I do. I don't think anyone's been quite as excited as I am, and then there was Dominic. That's my cheerleader all day long. He was great.

Crave Online: Have you visited the prison set?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I have. I visited all the sets. I wanted to be really involved so I've seen everything and I've worked on most of the sets already.

Crave Online: Will we see more of Susan's dual personalities, like the girl in the bar before we find out her real agenda?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: Oh, no, you're going to learn a lot more about Susan B. She's got very many sides. Of course you have to find out where everyone comes from so you're going to have to learn her backstory and what she is and what she isn't, what happened to her to make her this person, that she's able to do the job that she does. You don't just become that way overnight. Something has to happen to you so you're going to learn a lot about her.

Crave Online: When you play an alias like the girl in the bar, do you come up with a backstory for this alias, or is it all Susan in character?

Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: It's Susan doing the character and all of it is a little bit of me. There's so much of me coming through everywhere. She was basically playing coy and not letting on that she was there to talk about business. She was being a woman who was hitting on a man in a bar.

Crave Online: Have you moved your life to Dallas? Jodi Lyn O’Keefe: I have. My home in Dallas is wonderful. I can walk everywhere. It's a pretty good hidden secret, Dallas. There are wonderful restaurants and a wonderful nightlife. It's just a beautiful city to be in. I'm actually really pleased. I was shocked that I'd never been before and I've fallen right into the groove. The people are very friendly.

Source: Crave Online

Digg this

0 comments: